Saturday, May 5, 2007

Tapped In

My experience with Tapped In hasn't been a new one. I have taken this class before (last year) and I had the chance of using Tapped In as well. At first I was trying to get used to using it and what to do and what topics they were talking about. Once I got the hang of it then I was posting twice in a week to keep up with what was happening. I did like it very much - however, there was one setback. When I was taking the class then I wasn't doing my practicum so I didn't have the wonderful experiences that everyone else was contributing and sharing with their mentors. Thus, I didn't have much to ask of them but just to sit back and read all the interesting comments people had to put up. When posting or commenting I had to still look at it in a old school student's point of view.

However, this year I am taking the class yet again and have come back to Tapped In. It had been a while since I was in the room, but I got used to it pretty quick. I got back into the routine of getting used to the posts and the topics that people were talking about. One difference though -I was finally doing my praticum! So I had a lot more to talk about this time! I was able to share my experience of how it is in the classroom and what I'm learning and how the children are around me. I really did like it and especially enjoyed communicating these feelings with people in Tapped In.

I may have at first neglected Tapped In, but I've come to learn that it's a very useful tool. I may not see it right now since I'm still in college, but once out I know I'm going to rely on it a lot more. I have started asking questions about my future - for example International school teaching. I'm waiting for some help and answers to it but I know that there is so much diversity in Tapped In that I won't have a problem in getting answers to any questions I might have.

I know that I never did have any problems with getting answers, I never have had any problems now with getting answers and lovely comments from others in Tapped In, and I will never have any problems in getting answers to my minor questions for my fellow mentors in the near future!

No comments: