Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Lovin' Technology

I was looking through some educational blogs and I found one that really pinned what my education technology class is about! It goes on about how technology is something that teachers can really rely on and can make the classes a whole lot easier!In "Technology An Educator Can Love", there are quite a few favorites that teacher's have pointed out. I appreciated one of Mrs. Gray's favorite - RapidWeaver. For those who are not familiar, RapidWeaver helps in creating webpages of which you can different features in them. I was excited when I saw this, because in my ed technology class, we'll soon have to learn how to make webpages too! So, this really would come in handy for me! Another one of her favorites is Kidspiration and I was excited to read that too, because we just recently had a presentation in our class about how to use that software. I can really understand how it makes teaching those classes so much easier, when you're able to really engage and interact with the students using that software.Another teacher, John Simeone pointed out about a software called iLife. I really liked what he had to say in this software too. To my mind, I think it's a great way to really entertain the students and make them really like doing certain projects. In iLife, it composes of itunes, imovie, iDVD, etc. So, for example in a middle grade class this would be perfect when they have presentations, because they can learn how to imovie and create a movie as a presentation and then use itunes to put some music into the presentation - an all round entertaining presentation on whatever topic they have. Naturally students want to be able to have fun with projects!Fred Holmes pointed out some good softwares that would really come in handy for teachers too. One that I really like is GradeQuick. It makes the grading book so much easier for teachers. Now, they just need to do everything online - no more writing in books!But one software that I find most important and most beneficial is OneNote. This is a software that students and teachers can communicate. Sometimes students may have urgent questions and email the teacher but get the answer too late. Naturally the teacher doesn't want to give out their private number. So, I think OneNote would make a remarkable change because this way students can get prompt answers.These are just a few examples that really came out at me. I really enjoyed reading that because we have to accept that technology is becoming more like the norm. Thus, schools need to learn that in order for them to progress and to help their students become more advanced technology wise, they need to integrate technology in their schools more. To make things easier for everybody, once integrating technology and using it, it'll create organization.

No comments: